Sunday, September 29, 2013

CHANGING LIVES ONE BIKE AT A TIME!

BEFORE
 
While we were in a very small, very remote village called Kikumini, we came across a man they called “Matata”.  Matata means “trouble” in Swahili. His mother gave him this name because his legs were crippled from birth.  He had a very heavy and slow bike that limited his mobility.  We shared Matata’s story on Facebook and a friend in the US gave the funds to purchase a new lighter weight hand cranked tricycle.
 
AFTER
 
When we presented the bike to Mata I remembered a man in a wheelchair we had met in March 2012 while distributing food and clothing in a drought stricken region.  We didn’t get the man’s name. 
 
 BEFORE
 
When I mentioned this man in a class I was teaching one of the pastors there said “I know that man.”   Wow! I love the way God puts things together.  The pastor took us to Munyao Mweu and we got re-acquainted.  I was very flattered that Munyao remembered me.  He got very excited when I asked him if he would like to have a tricycle that would significantly increase his mobility from the homemade contraption that he had been using.
 
Two months later, thanks to the help of a donor in America, we were able to deliver the new bike.  I can still remember Munyao’s words that even now bring tears to my eyes: “This gift will change my life!”
 
AFTER
 
Thank you Jesus that He puts things together for us to be able to deliver the Matthew, Chapter 25 gospel (verses 31-46) to this remote region in Africa that is almost always overlooked.
 
We would love to do the same for Matolo Mbithi, Mutua Muine, and Kenedy Muli shown below.  Your gift of $300 will change the live of one of these men.

 

MATOLO MBITHI
MUTUA MUINE
KENEDY MULI 
 
 
 
 

 


 
Thanks for helping us minister to the needs we see in Kenya.
 
In His service,
 
Don and Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment