Friday, October 28, 2011

SOLO BUT NOT ALONE!!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011 was a big day for me.   When we were in Kibwezi in September I agreed to preach in Pastors Esther and Shadrack Maunda’s church while Don went to White Goat Mountain to preach.  For weeks I PRAYED, and thought, and PRAYED some more about what God wanted me to share.  Thankfully God answered and I felt I was prepared. 

When I awoke on Sunday I saw flashing “lights” in my eyes and realized that I was having a classic migraine headache.  Thankfully as we left Nairobi on Saturday I had thrown in my medication “just in case”!  God definitely went before me.  I texted friends for prayer and left for the church.  The pain was intense but God was stronger!!! 

I was so impressed with the children Pastor Esther has trained.  They had memorized Scripture and were standing and reciting the verses in their tribal language.  I read to the children the book, The Lost Sheep, about how Jesus always searches for them if they were “lost” and straying from Him.  During the adult Sunday School time I encouraged them to read the Bible for themselves, or have someone read it to them.  I also taught the SOAP (Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer) method of study. 

During praise and worship some of the children joined in.  It was great to worship with them.  By that time I was amazed that I was still on my feet.  God is so good.  I shared with the people about forgiveness and praying “God, meet their needs”.  These are all things God has shown me and continues to guide me through.

After service the children helped me practice my Kiswahili.  They are such good instructors!  As we left the church I walked hand in hand with the children back to our guest house.  I was so grateful to God for healing my headache and supplying all my needs that day.  He is so good.  That evening Mama Joyce from the church brought a chicken (alive) to thank me for blessing her during the service.  Pastor Esther cooked it for us the next evening.  I was truly honored. 

My first solo service was a testimony to what God can and will do when we look to Him!  It was a great privilege to share with them.  All my study and prayer was rewarded, and I am confident that God will continue to use what He has done for me to bless others.

Please pray for the people of Kibwezi that they will grow and mature and lead others to Christ.  Thank you for your prayers for us as we continue our work here also. 

Blessings,

Becky Cameron

PS: Don’s report on White Goat Mountain coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment